Siding Installation and Replacement in Lake County, Illinois
Installing Premium Siding for Customers in Cook County, Northern Illinois, and Chicagoland
With Style Exteriors by your side, you can give your home a stunning makeover that goes beyond mere aesthetics. Our premium siding installations are all about enhancing your home's curb appeal, durability, and energy efficiency. Whether you're looking to boost the resale value of your property or executing your plans for a dream home, our top-notch siding solutions are designed to meet and exceed your expectations.
In the harsh weather conditions of Northern Illinois and Chicagoland, your siding is not just there for decoration – it's your first line of defense against the elements. That's why Style Exteriors uses only the highest quality materials built to withstand everything Mother Nature throws at them. But we don't stop at toughness; our wide selection of siding options ensures we have a style to suit every home and every taste, all while offering professional installation and exceptional customer service.
Choosing to install new siding is a significant decision, but with Style Exteriors, it's a decision you won't regret. We're here to guide you through the process, providing clear, helpful advice at every step. So, sit back, relax, and let us transform the exterior of your home with our exceptional siding installation services.
The Benefits of Installing New Siding
- Improved Curb Appeal: New siding can dramatically improve the overall look of your home's exterior, boosting its curb appeal. With a variety of styles, colors, and materials available, you can customize your home to reflect your personal style.
- Increased Home Value: Quality siding installation can increase your home's resale value. Prospective buyers often view new siding as a significant upgrade that reduces future maintenance needs.
- Damage Repair: If your current siding has damage, installing new siding is a chance to address any underlying issues such as rot, mildew, or structural damage. This can help maintain the integrity of your home's structure.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: New siding, especially if it's insulated, can provide substantial energy savings by reducing heat loss in winter and keeping your home cooler in summer.
- Reduced Maintenance: Modern siding materials are designed to be long-lasting and resist common issues like insects, rot, and decay. This means less work and expense in maintaining your home's exterior.
- Enhanced Home Safety: Certain types of siding can be fire resistant, offering your family an additional layer of safety.
By investing in new siding, you're not just improving the look of your home, you're also enhancing its functionality and lifespan. Customers in Lake County and the surrounding areas can call Style Exteriors at (847) 250-4069 today to request a free siding installation estimate!
Does Your Home Need to Be Treated Before Siding Installation?
Yes, it's usually necessary to prepare the surface of your home before siding installation, and this process varies depending on the type and condition of your home's existing exterior. Preparatory work may include removing old siding or fixing any underlying issues such as mold, rot, or structural damage. This is an essential step as it ensures the new siding will fit properly and perform effectively, providing maximum protection and aesthetic appeal.
Installing a weather-resistant barrier or house wrap is another integral part of surface preparation. This thin, protective layer is placed over the sheathing and under the siding. It functions as an added layer of protection against moisture, preventing water from seeping into the walls while still allowing the building to breathe. It also helps increase the energy efficiency of your home.
That’s why getting your siding installed by a professional is so important. Our team can handle all necessary preparation, including damage repairs and wrapping, making the entire process fast, seamless, and effective.
For stress-free siding installation in Lake County, Cook County, Northern Illinois, and Chicagoland, call Style Exteriors at (847) 250-4069 today!
How Long Does Siding Typically Last?
The lifespan of your siding depends on the material it’s made from and the quality of the installation. Vinyl siding, one of the most popular choices, can last anywhere between 20 to 40 years with proper care. Fiber-cement siding has an even longer lifespan, often lasting upwards of 50 years. Natural wood siding, while requiring more maintenance, can also last decades if well-maintained.
Regardless of the material you choose, it's important to regularly inspect and maintain your siding to ensure it remains durable and effective. Look for signs of damage such as cracking, warping, or discoloration, and take action to address any issues promptly. With the proper care, your siding can continue protecting your home while enhancing its aesthetics well into the future.
Signs that Your Siding Needs to Be Replaced
- Cracks or Gaps: If you notice any visible cracks, gaps, or holes in your siding, it's a clear sign of wear and tear. These openings can allow water to seep into your home, leading to potential damage.
- Warped or Bulging Siding: Warping or bulging in your siding could indicate that water has been trapped behind it. When siding no longer lies flat, it's often a sign that it's time for a replacement.
- Peeling Paint or Wallpaper Inside Your Home: If the paint or wallpaper inside your home is peeling or showing signs of moisture damage, it could be due to moisture seeping in through damaged siding.
- Excessive Fading: All siding materials are designed to hold their color for the majority of their life span. If your siding has faded, it's a good sign that it's reached the end of its life and needs replacement.
- Persistent Need for Repainting: If your siding needs frequent painting (every 5 or 6 years), it's a good indication that it should be replaced.
- Rotted or Crumbled Siding: If areas of your siding are rotting or crumbling, it's imperative to replace it as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your home's structure.
- Increased Energy Bills: If your heating and cooling bills are higher than usual, it could be due to poor insulation from your siding.
- Mold, Mildew, or Fungus Growth: The presence of mold, mildew, or fungus at the seams of your siding can indicate water penetration and may mean that your siding needs replacing.
Whether you’re installing siding for the first time, looking for a new look, or replacing old, worn-out siding, trust Style Exteriors to ensure that everything is installed correctly. Call us at (847) 250-4069 or reach out to us online today to request siding installation services in Lake County or any of the surrounding areas!