Tile Roofing Installation and Replacement in Lake County, Illinois
Offering Premium Tile Roofing Services to Customers in Cook County, Northern Illinois, and Chicagoland
Known for its aesthetic appeal, tile roofing offers homeowners an elegant finish that effortlessly enhances the architectural style of any home. From the classic charm of ceramic tiles to the robust grandeur of clay or concrete, tile roofs provide a visually striking finish that stands out in any neighborhood.
But the allure of tile roofing doesn't stop at its pleasing aesthetics. This roof type is also celebrated for its durability and longevity, making it a worthwhile investment for homeowners looking for a roof that can withstand time, weather, and everything else. With their natural resistance to harsh weather conditions and virtually no need for maintenance, tile roofs are a testament to the perfect blend of form and function.
Style Exteriors is here to help you with all of your tile roofing needs. Leveraging our extensive experience and deep expertise, we're ready to help you find an option that perfectly matches your home's style, meets your functional needs, and stays within your budget. We’re also here to help you maintain and repair your tile roof as needed, preserving its stunning look and structural integrity.
What Are Roof Tiles Made Of?
Roof tiles can be made from a variety of materials, each bringing its unique set of characteristics and aesthetic appeal. The most commonly used materials for roof tiles include clay, concrete, and slate.
Clay tiles are one of the oldest types of roofing materials, renowned for their durability and longevity. Made by baking molded clay, the density of the tiles is influenced by the length and heat of the baking process. Clay roof tiles are resistant to corrosion, require little maintenance, and have a distinctive, classic beauty that adds a touch of elegance to any property.
Concrete tiles are a more modern option, offering flexibility in terms of style and color. They are made from a mixture of sand, cement, and water, which is then molded under heat and high pressure. Despite being heavier than clay tiles, concrete tiles are exceptionally durable, capable of withstanding harsh weather conditions and requiring minimal upkeep.
Slate tiles, made from natural stone, are recognized for their striking, unique aesthetics and remarkable durability. Each piece of slate is unique, offering a range of textures and colors. Like clay and concrete, slate tiles are highly resilient and require little maintenance, ensuring that your roof remains strong and appealing long into the future.
Whatever type of tile roof you envision, our Lake County tile roofing specialists can make it a reality. Call Style Exteriors at (847) 250-4069 to request your free estimate!
The Benefits Associated with Tile Roofing
- Longevity: One of the most significant advantages of tile roofing is its longevity. With proper installation and maintenance, tile roofs can last over 50 years, often outlasting the building's life cycle.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Tile roofs are available in a wide variety of colors, styles, and finishes. Whether you prefer the classic look of clay or the modern appeal of concrete, there's a tile roof to match every architectural style and personal preference.
- Durability: Tiles are known for their superior durability. They are resistant to damage from harsh weather conditions, including high winds, heavy rains, and hail. Furthermore, they are fireproof and can withstand extreme temperatures without deteriorating.
- Low Maintenance: Tile roofs require relatively little maintenance compared to other roofing materials. They resist rot and insect damage, and individual tiles can be replaced if damaged, reducing the need for extensive repairs.
- Energy Efficiency: Tile roofs are excellent insulators, keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This can reduce your energy bills and make your home more comfortable.
- Environmentally Friendly: Tile roofs are made from natural materials and do not deplete precious natural resources. Additionally, at the end of their lifespan, they are 100% recyclable, reducing the environmental impact.
Explore all the benefits of a tile roof from Style Exteriors by calling our Lake County office at (847) 250-4069 today!
How Many Years Will a Tile Roof Last?
One of the most compelling attributes of tile roofing is its exceptional lifespan. When installed and maintained correctly, a tile roof can last anywhere from 50 to over 100 years. This longevity surpasses many other roofing materials, so many homeowners often see a tile roof as a once-in-a-lifetime installation.
The lifespan of a tile roof can be influenced by several factors, such as the quality of installation, the type of tile used, and the local climate. Tile roofs are well-suited to withstand harsh weather conditions, including heat, high winds, or heavy rains, contributing to their long life.
However, while tiles themselves are incredibly durable, other roof components, such as underlayment or flashings, may need to be replaced or repaired over time. Regular inspections and routine maintenance can help ensure the roof's longevity, keeping your home protected and beautiful for years.
How to Maintain a Tile Roof
- Schedule Regular Inspections: Conduct regular roof inspections, ideally twice a year, to check for any signs of damage or wear. This can help detect potential issues early and prevent bigger problems down the line.
- Keep the Tiles Clean: Over time, dust, dirt, and debris can accumulate on your tile roof. Cleaning the roof regularly can help maintain its appearance and prevent the buildup of moss or algae.
- Replace Broken Tiles: Despite their durability, roof tiles can sometimes crack or break due to severe weather or falling debris. If you notice any damaged tiles, it's crucial to replace them as soon as possible to prevent water intrusion and subsequent damage to the underlayment.
- Check the Flashings: Flashings are usually installed in roof areas prone to leaks, like around the chimney or at roof intersections. Ensure these are in good condition and replace them if necessary.
- Protect Your Gutters and Keep Them Clean: Keeping gutters clean and clear of debris is crucial to prevent water from backing up and seeping under the tiles, which can cause damage to the underlayment.
- Invest in Professional Maintenance: Hiring a professional roofing contractor for maintenance tasks can be beneficial. Professionals have the knowledge and experience to identify and address issues that may not be apparent to the untrained eye.
Our tile roofing specialists are ready to assist customers in Lake County, Cook County, Northern Illinois, and Chicagoland with all their tile roofing needs, from installation to routine repairs and maintenance. Call (847) 250-4069 or reach out to us online to request tile roofing services!